University Alliance Christmas card competition Overview:
Design the front cover for University Alliance’s 2013 Christmas card. The winner, as well as designing our new card, will receive £50 High Street gift vouchers and will be credited on the back the card which will be seen by hundreds of key figures, including MPs, leading business executives and university Vice-Chancellors.
Our theme for this year is ‘Global’, in line with the international engagement that we have been doing over the past year. Participants will need to provide a 50 word summary of how their design fits this theme.
The competition will open on Friday 1st November 2013 and close at midday on Thursday 21 November 2013.
Send image to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Christmas Card Competition’. Please include name, course/occupation and name of university.
- This contest is open to students and staff at University Alliance institutions.
- A maximum of two front covers will be accepted per entrant.
- The University Alliance logo should be included somewhere on the front cover. To download please click here. The brand can be used with the grey replaced with any of the colours in the palette (the white in the middle must remain – see our Twitter page for examples http://twitter.com/UniAlliance).
- Include a paragraph (50 word limit) about the image, what it is/what inspired it.
- Entries must be submitted as a JPEG/GIF image with a 300dpi ratio to be printed on A5.
- Can be graphics/photography/artwork but must be original and belong to entrant. Animations for the web version can be submitted as long as an image at 300dpi is submitted along with it.
Any entrants under 18 must have
written parental consent to submit an image.
8. The winning image will become property of University Alliance. 9.
10. The winner will be published on our website on Thursday 28 November.
11. The winner will also be contacted directly to arrange receipt of their prize.
I was playing around with their provided colour pallet to create some designs – majority need the logo putting on but I will be entering two designs into the competition as I figured I have nothing to loose and you never know